The Institute for Sustainable Energy Policies is pleased to invite you to the 5th webinar on “Farming meets solar power in Africa: food and energy security for sustainable African communities towards post COVID-19 society” co-hosted by Mali-Folkecenter Nyetaa.
This seminar series is perfect for you if you want to:
- Improve livelihood of African rural population, and
- Be sustainable economically, socially, and environmentally.
Through this seminar series, you will learn:
- Benefit of agrivoltaics, and
- Practical applications of agrivoltaics to your local context.
Date & Time
Date: Thursday, May 13, 2021
Time: GMT 9:00 – 10:00 / JST 18:00 – 19:00
1. Presentation: Agrivoltaics for arid climatic zones: Technology transfer and lessons learned from Japan and Germany
- Max Trommsdorff, Chair of AgriVoltaics2021 conference, Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems (ISE), Germany
- Concrete examples, a way to reduce water consumption, appropriate crops, and yield
- Constraints on technical transfer to West Africa
Please join our webinar for free via Zoom (if you want to take part in the discussion), or YouTube Live (if you prefer to just watch the webinar).
Institute for Sustainable Energy Policies
Mr. Makoto Tajima
Please send message via contact form.