Institute for Sustainable Energy Policies is pleased to invite you to the 4th webinar on “Farming meets solar power in Africa: food and energy security for sustainable African communities towards post COVID-19 society” co-hosted by Mali-Folkecenter Nyetaa.
This seminar series is perfect for you if you want to:
- Improve livelihood of African rural population, and
- Be sustainable economically, socially, and environmentally.
Through this seminar series, you will learn:
- Benefit of agrivoltaics, and
- Practical applications of agrivoltaics to your local context.
Date & Time
Date: Monday, April 19, 2021
Time: GMT 12:00 – 13:00 / JST 21:00 – 22:00
1. Presentation: Agrivoltaics’ significance and applications in dryland agriculture and the environment
- Greg Barron-Gafford, Associate Professor, University of Arizona, USA
- The agrivoltaics approach and effectiveness in dryland agriculture
- Suitable crops for a pilot project in Mali/West Africa
- Potential for water-saving and improved irrigation
Please join our webinar for free via Zoom (if you want to take part in the discussion), or YouTube Live (if you prefer to just watch the webinar).
Institute for Sustainable Energy Policies
Mr. Makoto Tajima
Please send message via contact form.