Institute for Sustainable Energy Policies is pleased to invite you to the 3rd webinar on “Farming meets solar power in Africa: food and energy security for sustainable African communities towards post COVID-19 society” co-hosted by Mali-Folkecenter Nyetaa.
This seminar series is perfect for you if you want to:
- Improve livelihood of African rural population, and
- Be sustainable economically, socially, and environmentally.
Through this seminar series, you will learn:
- Benefit of agrivoltaics, and
- Practical applications of agrivoltaics to your local context.
Date & Time
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Time: GMT 9:00 – 10:00 / JST 18:00 – 19:00
1. Presentation: Agrivoltaics in East Africa: Enhancing livelihoods in agricultural communities through innovations in solar energy
- Dr. Richard Randle-Boggis, Research Associate, GCRF Harvesting the Sun Twice project, Department of Animal & Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield
- Dr. Richard Randle-Boggis will share his expertise on agrivoltaics in East Africa with you and addresses its relevance, suitability and the necessary design considerations including the importance of community engagement and co-design. Furthermore, he will discuss steps to support agrivoltaic development as well as the quest for effective business models.
- Discuss the possible extension and/or collaboration between East and West Africa including the formation of a common platform.
- Consider sustainable development models of micro-grid and agrivoltaics under off-grid situation.
Please join our webinar for free via Zoom (if you want to take part in the discussion), or YouTube Live (if you prefer to just watch the webinar).
Institute for Sustainable Energy Policies
Mr. Makoto Tajima
Please send message via contact form.