Thank you for your interest in considering internship at ISEP. Our activities are only possible thanks to the commitment of our many internship students. We have a range of internship opportunities including supporting events, translation, research and so on.
If you are interested in joining our activities as an internship student, please read the following application conditions carefully and contact via contact form.
We only accept 5 full-time interns at a time. For those who want to begin their internship in the summer holiday (June-August), we have two deadline options–either 6 months or 4 months before the internship begins– and you will hear back from us two weeks after the deadline. For example, if an applicant wanted to begin their internship in the summer of 2020, they could submit their application by January 1st to be considered for the first round. We will only fill 2 or 3 spots during this round; the rest will be filled from applicants from the second round, for which the deadline would be March 1st.
For applicants who would like to intern outside of the summer period, you may apply up until 2 months before the internship begins. Interns will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Currently, we accept remote interns who speak Japanese language because of the infection of COVID-19 and our limited capacity. All interns work at their home and join zoom meetings from 9:30 am in Japanese Standard Time.
We don’t accept interns from mid-July to end of August 2021 because of congestion of transportation and shortage of accommodation facilities brought by Tokyo Olympic Games.
Please consider the following conditions:
- This internship is unpaid. ISEP is not responsible for covering an intern’s salary, housing, or transportation costs.
- However, all ISEP interns are encouraged to participate in educational events, networking events, and conferences, thus making this internship a worthwhile investment in your academic and professional career.
- You need to purchase internship insurance which is ¥3000 for 3 months coverage.
- ISEP interns take following two responsibilities:
- Supporting ISEP staffs’ research
- Conducting independent studies
For you information and guidance, the following introduction movie, reports and FAQs were made by former internship students: