In the online session of 6th International Conference on Smart Energy Systems, 6-7 October 2020, Hironao Matsubara made presentation of “Heat Roadmap Japan: Smart energy system combining renewable energy and district energy to decarbonize urban area in Japan“
- EnergyPLAN models is adopted to assess the feasibility of energy transition through decarbonization in the domestic electricity market. This model will be adopted for heat and transportation sector.
- The model incorporates the present situation and potential of district heating system in urban areas in Japan, and the possibility of decarbonization of heat sector by renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Both locally and regionally available renewable energy resources should be utilized for district energy system in the urban area of Japan.
- The model will be optimized for energy efficiency through comprehensive use of unused heat resources such as exhaust heat, geothermal, and sector coupling with electricity market according to regional characteristics.
- We will study a heat roadmap of the urban area including Tokyo Metropolitan with a smart energy system for district energy.